Sunday, June 28, 2009

Response to "Did You Know" Presentation

This presentation has started me thinking and almost worrying about where I will be sending my children to school. They just turned two and I know it seems early, but now is when I should start thinking about it, especially when there are waiting lists at some schools. Up to this point, I have been focused on being able to send my children to a private school because I went to a private school and loved it and would want them to have the same opportunity, but now I think I need to reconsider.

After viewing this presentation, my thoughts have shifted to a whole new thinking process. I am now questioning if the private school I want to send my children to is equipped with the skills my children will need to make it in this world successfully. I think that public schools are probably more equipped now than private schools for our changing world. Now, I feel like I am going to have a hard time deciding whether to send my child to a private school and hopefully protect them from some of the negative behavior they would be exposed to in a public school or send them to a public school where they might be better prepared for what is ahead. I am thankful that I viewed this presentation because now I know the types of questions I need to ask the administrators before deciding to send my children to a particular school whether it’s private or public.

No comments:

Post a Comment