Thursday, June 18, 2009

Podcasts by EDM 310 Classes Spring 2009

My EDM 310 class will be doing our own podcast in a few weeks, so I listened to two podcasts from Bob Wakeman’s EDM 310 class from last semester to get familiar with how they are done and to see how I might introduce improvements in my podcast. The first podcast I listened to was titled, The Last Lecture of Randy Paulch BW0119W and the second was titled, Shift Happens and How it Affects Me as a Teacher BW0818.

By listening to these podcasts, I identified some weaknesses that I will try to improve on in my podcast. Some of the podcasts I listened to jumped right into talking and I was lost because I didn’t know the topic. I noticed that in one of the podcast, someone started talking about a video, but I had no idea what the video was about because there wasn’t an explanation about a video. I will let the listeners know what the discussion is going to be about and not just say the title of the podcast. Also, some students sounded like they were reading and not having a conversation. I will try to talk with emotion and not in one tone so my listeners will not go to sleep. These are just a few ways I will try to improve my podcast.

1 comment:

  1. Both of us are in computer lab at 9:30 at night so I thought I'd comment on one of your blogs for our homework. I wanted to tell you that your and Jackie's blog was wonderful and informative. I loved you idea about the music box and will incorporate it in my upcoming classrooms ( at least I hope I'll get classrooms one day!)

    ReplyDelete